Sometimes, the right time to send a message is RIGHT NOW, even when you’re on the go. Now, you have the ability to send announcements to entire properties or associations at once through multiple channels including text, email and the Resident Center, right from your mobile device. Any time, anywhere.
With this latest mobile update, we have brought all of our new announcements functionality into the Buildium mobile app so you can:
- View previously sent announcements
- Write a short, concise message once and automatically send it via text (SMS), email, and the Resident Center.
- Note: if your message is over 140 characters, the announcement will not be sent via text. Announcement texts are available for US numbers only.
- Get important information out to residents quicker than ever before.
- Increase the likelihood messages are read via mobile channels.
- Guard your inbox from sudden spikes in incoming messages.
To send an announcement from the Buildium mobile app:
1. Open the app and click on the new Announcements shortcut, if you have previously sent announcements, you will be able to view them here.
2. Click the green plus icon to Create a new announcement
3. Select the property or properties you would like to send the announcement to
- Choose if you’d also like to copy alternate emails and/or association tenants
4. You will be prompted to choose an account level sender name if you have not already done so:
- The sender name will show up when residents receive the announcement via SMS
- You will only need to do this the first time you create an announcement
- The sender name can be changed later on the announcements grid page or in mobile settings
5. Write a subject line - this will only show up in announcements sent via email and in the Resident Center
6. Select a template (optional)
- If you'd like to use one of pre made templates tap the template item and select the desired template. Edit the placeholder text and you are good to go.
7. Compose your message - if you would like your announcement to also go out via SMS text, you will need to keep your message under 140 characters. You can include more than 140 characters, however the announcement will not go out via sms text.
- Announcement texts are available for US numbers only
8. Set a removal date for the Resident Center (Optional)
9. Review your message and send.