We work hard to make sure our features are constantly improving to help make running your business easier and more efficient. This page includes the latest new features, product improvements, and major bug fixes for the month of December, 2019.
We are very excited to announce a new way to search and navigate in Buildium with our new global search tool. Improvements include:
- Bigger and more focused search page with more results
- Search and filter by categories
- View all page for more search results broken down by category
- Adding more things to search for like vehicle info.
Search enhancements are now available in all Buildium accounts!
New Lease renewals process:
We've been working hard on restructuring how lease renewals in Buildium work, thanks to customer feedback. We’re excited to announce that these improvements are now available to all customers!
- Now when you choose to renew an existing lease, the system will no longer create a completely new lease ledger. Instead, when you process a renewal the same lease will be extended. Renew existing leases without juggling multiple lease ledgers or transfers!
- New Move-in dates will allow you to accurately record who is living in the unit outside of the lease start date and track move-in dates and move out dates in the event history report.
- More renewals improvements will be coming early 2020!
Coming Soon: 1099-MISC Filing & Early access
It’s almost that time of year again! As always, Buildium is here to help you e-File your 1099s efficiently and on time. Some things to keep in mind ahead of filing:
- Early access is available all December! If you are e-Filing 1099s through Buildium, you can get a jump on things by creating and saving batches early in December, making filing in January faster than ever.
- Digital copies: Filing with Buildium now gets you access to digital copies of recipient forms at no extra cost!
As a reminder, the deadline to guarantee on-time e-Filing with Buildium is January 31st, 2020. Check out Buildium’s 2019 tax guide for more info.
Record insurance policies on unsigned leases
- If you have insurance information on hand for a tenant when you are creating the lease in Buildium, you can record this information while creating an unsigned lease on the add lease page so you don't have to go back and edit the lease summary information after the fact.