We’ve made some improvements to rent charges on the add lease page. Now you have the ability to add split recurring rent charges, one time rent charges, and other recurring charges from the add lease page.
Adding split rent charges on add lease
- You can set up as many charges under rent as they would like
- All charges will roll up to a single rent entity on the lease
- The rent set up on the add lease page will be the effective rent at the start of the lease.
- Note, you cannot add future rents from the add lease page. You should add any future rent increases from the rent page.
- You can assign charges to hit any income account under the rent section
Adding (non rent) recurring charges on add lease
- You can add non-rent related recurring charges from the add lease page
- However, you cannot these charges cannot hit the default rent income account or any sub accounts of rent when adding an “other” recurring charge
Adding one-time charges on add lease
- You can add a one-time charge on the add lease page
- This charge can be assigned to hit any income or liability account
Backdating any recurring charge from add lease
- If you enter a rent, other recurring charge or one-time charge with a next due date in the past, you will see a confirmation modal asking if you would like the system to post the backdated charges to the lease ledger now. If you click save, the charges will post. If you click cancel you will be returned to the add lease page to enter in a new next due date.
- If you enter next due date in the future but the charge should have posted in advance on a date in the past, you will also see this modal.
Prorated rent on add lease
- You will be able to use our proration feature for both first and last month’s rent if the lease’s rent has a single charge
- If the lease’s rent is split into multiple charges (rent & affordable or charged on the 1st and 15th), then you can add the prorated charges manually under the section for add one-time charge
- If you charge prorated rent on the 2nd month of the lease, then you can also add the prorated charges manually under the section for add one-time charge