Once your tenants have opted in to receive SMS messages, you can send them in the following ways:
Send an SMS text message from the tenant page
- Navigate to the search bar and type the name of the tenant you'd like to message.
- Click the tenant's name when it appears in the list.
- Under Contact information, you'll see a button to Send Message.
If the the tenant has already opted-in, the SMS messenger will appear. If the tenant hasn’t yet opted-in, you can also send them an opt-in request here.
- Type in the message, and hit Send. The message will appear on your tenant’s phone as a text message.
Send an SMS text message from the SMS accounts page
- Navigate to Communication > SMS accounts
- Look for the tenant you’d like to message, and click the arrow on the far right side of their name.
- Select Send SMS message.
- The Buildium SMS messaging interface will appear.
- Type in the message, and hit “Send”. The message will appear on your tenant’s phone as a text message.
When a tenant replies back, you'll find a notification in the Recent activity section of your Buildium home dashboard page.