In order to make the most out of listing your vacancies, make sure you have your properties and units set up with the proper information from the get-go, so when you’re ready to list, the process can be completed in just a few clicks.
There are two different areas for listing information - on the property level and on the unit level. Instead of having to write a new description each time a unit is for lease, once you’ve entered information onto the property and unit, Buildium will automatically populate these details when you list the property.
In this article you’ll learn how to:
To enter listing information on a property:
- Navigate to Rentals > Properties, then click on the property you want to add listing information for.
- From the property summary page, click Edit listing information.
- In the Listing information section, we recommend entering information about the physical building itself — any outdoor features or description of the grounds and exterior of the building. If you’re entering information for a multi-unit property, this would include all common areas. If you’re entering information for a single-family home, keep in mind that in Buildium this means that there is one unit attached, so we still recommend building, land, and lot specific information staying on the property level.
- Once you’ve entered property listing information, click Save.
When you’ve added property specific details and features, you can upload photos of the property by clicking on the shadow image of a house and a tree. You can drag and drop photos here, or use the search feature to find a file on your computer to upload.
To enter unit information:
- Navigate to the Units tab on the property summary page.
- Click on the unit number you want to enter information for, and click Edit unit.
- If you didn’t enter unit size and market rent when creating the property, you can do so here. Under Listing information, list the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, a description and any additional features. If you’re entering unit information for a single-family home, you want to enter interior-specific information For multi-family homes, it will be the details of the specific unit you are leasing rather than the overall building.
- When you’re done filling in the unit information, click Save.
Upload unit specific photos by clicking the shadow image of a house and a tree.