In order to make the most out of listing your vacancies, make sure you have your properties and units set up with the proper information from the get-go, so when you’re ready to list, the process can be completed in just a few clicks.
There are two different areas for listing information — on the property level and on the unit level. Instead of having to write a new description each time a unit is for lease, once you’ve entered information onto the property and unit, Buildium will automatically populate these details when you list the property.
In this article you’ll learn how to:
Add listing information on a property
To enter listing information on a property:
- Navigate to Rentals > Properties, then click on the property you want to add listing information for.
- From the property's Summary page, click Edit in the Listing information section.
- Start by uploading property-specific photos by clicking the shadow image of a house and a tree. You can drag and drop photos here, or browse to find a file on your computer to upload.
- For the Description, we recommend entering information about the grounds and exterior of the building. If you’re entering information for a multi-unit property, this would include all common areas. If you’re entering information for a single-family home, keep in mind that in Buildium, this means that there is one unit attached, so we still recommend building, land, and lot-specific information staying on the property level.
- Click Add under Amenities to see a list of MITS standard amenities. Select one or more features to add to this property and click Save.
- Click Add under Included in Rent, select one or more utilities that are included in the rent for the property, and click Save.
- Once you’ve filled out the property listing information, click Save.
Add listing information on a unit
To enter unit information:
- Navigate to the Units tab on the property's Summary page.
- Click on the unit number you want to enter information for, and click Edit in the Listing information section.
- Start by uploading unit-specific photos by clicking the shadow image of a house and a tree. You can drag and drop photos here, or browse to find a file on your computer to upload.
- If you didn’t enter unit size and market rent when creating the property, you can do so here. Under Listing information, list the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and a description. If you’re entering unit information for a single-family home, provide interior-specific information. For multi-family homes, provide details of the specific unit you are leasing rather than the overall building.
- Click Add under Amenities to see a list of MITS standard amenities. Select one or more features available for the unit and click Save.
- When you’re done filling in the unit information, click Save.