A mailing is letter or notice to a tenant, association owner, vendor, or rental owner.
- Welcome letters
- Formal letters, such as a notice to pay or quit, to inform a tenant that they are late on rent and that an eviction process may begin soon.
- Violation notices for an association or apartment community that informs a resident of the infraction, necessary steps to correct, and penalty.
1. Default mailings
Buildum provides some default mailings with your account. These letter and notices can be customized to meet your individualized requirements. You can add to the list using our mailing templates, too.
These letters are provided as a convenience and are not intended to be an exhaustive list. For example, each association has its own list of violations. Some states require a 7 day notice to pay rent or quit, others might require a 5 day notice or some other timeframe.
Buildium also offers several features that supplement paper notices. For example:
- Late fees can automatically email the affected residents.
- Payment reminders will notify residents when a recurring charge has posted to their ledger.
|Association owner||Welcome Letter||Welcome letter telling association owners how to access their account information online.|
|Rental owner||Property Management Agreement||Property Management Agreement|
|Rental owner||Welcome Letter||Welcome letter telling rental owners how to access their property information online.|
|Tenant||Move-In Letter||Provide new tenants with answers to basic questions they may have regarding their lease.|
|Tenant||Move-Out with Written Notice||Remind tenants who have given written notice to leave their residence in a clean and undamaged condition.|
|Tenant||Move-Out without Written Notice||Remind tenants who have not given written notice that one is required prior to vacating their residence.|
|Tenant||Notice of Change of Rent||Notify tenants of an increase in rent.|
|Tenant||Notice that Eviction will be Filed in Court||Notify tenants who are delinquent on rental payments that they will be evicted. This form allows you to legally retain a security deposit and require that the tenants vacate the premises.|
|Tenant||Notice to Pay Rent or Quit||Deliver a written notice to tenants to inform them that their monthly rental agreement will be terminated unless they pay their past due rent within a stipulated time frame.|
|Tenant||Past Due Rent - First Notice||First notice informing tenant that their rent is past due.|
|Tenant||Past Due Rent - Second Notice||Second notice informing tenant that his or her rent is past due, so any further action you may need to take will have the proper legal basis.|
|Tenant||Violation of Pet Policy||Notify tenants when they violate the pet policy of their lease agreement.|
|Tenant||Welcome Letter||Welcome letter telling tenants how to access their account information online.|
In addition to this list, you can also generate select reports as mailings:
2. How to create a mailing
When you create a mailing, you'll be able to print manually, email, or use EZMail to send the mailing to recipients.
With EZMail, we will print and mail your mailings, letters, and notices for you.
To create a mailing:
- Navigate to Communication > Mailings.
- Click Create a mailing and select the recipient type: Tenants, Association owners or Rental owners.
- Next, choose the mailing template you would like to use.
- Add the recipients you would like to send the mailing to by clicking Add [recipient type] (i.e. Add tenants, Add association owners, Add rental owners). Select your recipients by checking the box next to their name. You can use the provided filters to narrow down the list and find specific recipients.
- Once you've selected the recipients, click Close.
- Next, select a Mailing Sender. The mailing sender is who the mailing will be address from. You can select an existing sender from the dropdown list or add a new sender by clicking Add mailing sender.
- Once you’ve selected a sender, select your desired Mailing Layout. If you plan to use EZMail, select the option: Standard layout (EZMail compatible).
- To add an attachment to the mailing, click Add Attachment. You can attach a document stored in your Buildium account by selecting Add a file from Buildium, or upload a new document from your local drive by selecting Add a file from your computer. When uploading a file from your computer, you can drag and drop the file or browse your local files to select your document.
- When you've finished entering the mailing information, you can preview your mailing by clicking Preview or complete and save the mailing by selecting Create.
3. How to send a mailing
When you click Save, it will take a minute or two for the mailing to generate.
Once generated, you'll have the option to Print manually, EZMail, or Email a PDF of the mailing.
To send a mailing:
- If you select Print manually, a PDF will appear with a separate mailing for each resident. Buildium fills in the appropriate information for each resident in a mailing based on the tokens in the mailing template. Print the PDF to manually mail it yourself.
- If you select EZMail, an order screen will pop up. Verify the order details, then click Place Order. Buildium's processing facility will print and mail the mailing for you either same day or next business day.
- If you select Email PDF, a pop-up window will appear where you can include an email message. The mailing you generated will be sent as an attachment to this email. Each recipient will receive their own copy of the mailing with the proper information included.