Our violations feature allows you to build out your own way of labeling and describing categories for the violations you need to track per association.
We have added a set of default categories and types to each association to get you started. Any of the provided categories or types can be edited or deleted if they do not fit with a particular association.
There are two ways you can add categories and violation types.
- Using the “Manage Categories” button on the Violations tab for an association will help you set up a list ahead of logging violations.
- Using the “Add New” option in each of the category or violation type drop down menus will help you add options on the fly.
The category/violation type relationship is flexible enough to handle shorthand nicknames, informally named rules and regs, or even formal Article/Section titles.
Some examples of what you could use are:
- Category: Pets/Animals
- Violation Type: State/Local law violation
- Violation Type: Dogs, Size/Number
- Violation Type: Registration
- Category: Section 3 - Architectural, Exterior, Changes and Improvements
- Violation Type: Article 3.1 Prior Written Approval Required for ALL Projects.
- Violation Type: Article 3.2 Roofing
- Violation Type: Article 3.3 Siding Materials.