We’re making it easier for your residents to use Resident Center!
Starting June 21st, we'll be turning on the ability for residents to easily set up their accounts on their own, without having to wait for a welcome email or needing to request a new invite if their previous invite expires.
The option for residents to be able to self-register an account for Resident Center has existed for a while, but has previously been OFF by default for Buildium users. When this setting is OFF, residents must wait to be invited via email by you or a member of your team before they're able to create an account. This can be accomplished a number of ways and is easy to do, but it does require some action on your part.
With this setting turned ON, residents can register their own account at ResidentCenter.com, through the Resident Center mobile app, or through your own website. They'll now be able to create their own account without anyone on your team taking action to invite them.
As of June 21st, 2022, this setting will now default to ON, making it easier for residents to pay their rent, fees, and dues, submit maintenance request or questions, and stay connected to their community, while removing some of the administrative burden on your staff to get residents started.
- NOTE: In the past, resident self-registration required a resident to select their property and unit from a list. Because this workflow produced a list of properties under management, some Buildium users opted not to offer this self-registration option. This is not how the current version of self-registration works, and no properties are presented in the account creation process. The resident attempting to self-register will have to provide their own information to complete their account creation.
How can residents self-register?
Here’s how it works:
- Residents can go to ResidentCenter.com, download the Resident Center mobile app (for iOS and Android), or they can go to the Resident Center login on your website to create their account.
- Registering users will first be asked to enter their name and email address. If you already have the tenant's email on file, they will be matched to your account as the property manager.
If you do not have their email address already on file, we will then ask the registering user to enter their unit address. Using that information, we will match them to your account as the property manager and allow them to proceed with registration for the Resident Center.
Once they have been matched with their property manager we will require them to verify their account. New registrants will receive an email with a link to verify their account. Clicking that link will take them to the Resident Center where they will be asked to create a password.
- Once the password has been created, they can proceed to log in to the Resident Center.
Not interested in this setting?
If you’d rather not offer the ability for residents to self-register for Resident Center, please go to this site and fill out the form by June 20th, 2022. This will ensure your account is not affected by this change.
If you don't get a chance to submit this form in advance, no worries! You can always change this setting in your account.
- Navigate to Communication, and then select Resident Center settings.
- On the Resident Center settings page, scroll down and select Additional settings from the menu.
- In Additional settings, scroll down to Sign-In and registration options and toggle the checkbox next to Allow residents to register online.
- Click Save changes in the bottom left corner of the screen.