We work hard to make sure our features are constantly improving to make running your business easier and more efficient. This page includes the latest new features and product improvements, released in October 2020.
- Coming Soon: Resident Invoices
- API WRITE/Update Sandbox
- Making property groups public across your organization
- Mobile App access for rental owners
- Beta test: Custom application fees
- Resident communication preferences
- Removing support for IE 11
Coming soon: Resident invoices
Resident invoices will allow you to quickly and easily create invoices for any one time charge, like utilities, maintenance work, violation charges or special assessments, and share a unique invoice and invoice number automatically through email or EZmail.
API Write/Update Sandbox
With this release we are enabling full write capabilities (create & update) within the Buildium Open API. We are also releasing our Buildium Open API Sandbox, further providing users and developers the tools needed to build integrations into the Buildium platform.
Make property groups available to other users
With our latest update, you’ll be able to easily make property groups public across your organization. Making groups public will not only save you time, but ensure accuracy, with the reassurance that every user is looking at the same list of properties and information within each group.
Mobile app access for rental owners
Rental owners who have access to the owner website can now log into the Buildium mobile app and more easily keep track of their investments. With this refreshed experience, owners can:
- Send funds and view transaction history any time, anywhere
- Submit and track maintenance requests on the go
- Run select real-time reports, and view and share documents on demand
- Set and receive notifications
Beta test: Custom application fees
As your portfolio grows, so does your need for flexibility. That’s why we’re giving you the ability to charge application fees by property. With this beta, you can:
- Set a global fee for general applications
- Charge applicants a specific fee based on their desired property
- View and manage payment methods and banking from one page
Learn more and opt in to test-drive this feature before anyone else!
Resident communication preferences
Residents can indicate their communication preferences in the Resident Center and are able to select whether they prefer to receive emails or paper mailings. The preferences they’ve selected will be visible to you on the resident summary page.
Removing support for Internet Explorer
Effective December 15, 2020, Buildium will no longer be accessible via Internet Explorer. We recommend switching to Edge or another supported browser as soon as possible. Learn more about the technical requirements for using Buildium.