We work hard to make sure our features are constantly improving to make running your business easier and more efficient. This page includes the latest new features and product improvements, released in September 2020.
- New announcements feature
- New Syndication Partner: Zumper
- Updates to the rental application
- Performance improvements
New Announcements feature
Communicating with residents is the backbone of property management. That’s why we’re excited to release a brand new and improved announcements feature that will replace our current “Resident Center announcements”. Announcements will make it easier for you to quickly and effectively communicate with entire properties or associations at once through multiple channels including text, email and the Resident Center!
With our updated announcements functionality, you will be able to:
- Write a short, concise message once and automatically send it via text (SMS), Email, and the Resident Center.
- Get important information out to residents more quickly than ever before.
- Increase the likelihood messages are read via mobile channels.
- Guard your inbox from sudden spikes in incoming messages.
New syndication partner: Zumper
We’ve added Zumper to our suite of syndication partners, helping you expand your reach and giving you more choice on where you list your vacant units. With over 15 million monthly visits, Zumper is one of the largest rental marketplaces serving property managers and renters throughout the United States and Canada.
Learn how to set up syndication in Buildium.
Updates to the rental application
Following the recent visual enhancements to the rental application, we’re testing the ability for applicants to search for and select the listing they’re interested in from the application. This will create a reliable way for you to know which unit a prospective tenant is interested in and make processing applications more efficient.
In order to improve performance within the Buildium platform and make future improvements possible, we are working on moving a number of pages to a more modern code base.
What does that mean?
In short, we are making things faster and easier to use!
You may notice some changes in layout as part of this ongoing project this month on the following pages:
- Receive/Update payment page
- Pay bills by EFT
- Pay bills by check page
- Premium tenant screening page
- Premium tenant screening sign up flow
- Auto bank reconciliation pages
- Manual reconciliation page
- Bank account reconciliation summary page
- Applicant summary page
- Recurring transactions page
- Deposits and prepayments page
- Lease/ownership account ledger page