As your portfolio grows, so does your need for flexibility. That’s why we’re giving you the ability to charge application fees by property or unit. With this feature, you can:
- Set a global fee for general applications
- Charge applicants a specific fee based on their desired property or unit
- View and manage payment methods and banking from one page
To get started, navigate to Settings, Application settings, and click on Application fees. Here, you have the option to set a global fee to charge every applicant one fee or add overrides to charge application fees by property.
To set and edit the global fee
If you’ve already set up an application fee in Buildium, you can see the amount you charge in the Global fee tab. Click Edit global fee to adjust this amount.
If you haven’t set up an application fee, you will be able to do so by clicking on Charge a fee in the Global fee tab.
To set property overrides
These policies override the global fee and applicants will be charged the override fee tied to the listed rental. When you first click on the Overrides tab in the Application fee settings page, you will see a pop-up to guide you through the process of setting up fees by property. Click Add override at the bottom, set the amount you’d like to charge, and click on Next: Select properties.
On this screen, you will see a list of your properties and the current application fee charged for each. Select which properties you want the override amount applied to and click Save to go back to the Overrides tab.
Here, under the Property overrides section, you can:
- See and export a list of properties with different application fees
- Click the more options menu (the three dots to the right of each property) to edit or delete the override
- Select all properties to edit or delete in bulk
To set unit overrides
To enable unit overrides on a multi unit property follow the following steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Applications Settings > Rental application settings
- Click "Edit" under the Application Fee section.
- On the next page click Overrides
- Click on "Unit"
- Click "Add override"
- Enter application fee amount for unit override amount
- Select the unit/units you wish to have the override fee amount be applied to.
Soon, you will also be able to select which bank account you want each fee to go into.