As your portfolio grows, so does your need for flexibility. That’s why we’re giving you the ability to charge application fees by property. With this beta, you can:
- Set a global fee for general applications
- Charge applicants a specific fee based on their desired property
- View and manage payment methods and banking from one page
Turn the custom application fees beta on to explore the new feature and get updates before release. To opt in:
- Go to Settings, Application settings, then click on Beta features under System preferences
- Toggle Custom application fees to ON
Once you’ve opted in, navigate to Settings, Application settings, and click on Application fees. Here, you have the option to set a global fee to charge every applicant one fee or add overrides to charge application fees by property.
To set and edit the global fee
If you’ve already set up an application fee in Buildium, you can see the amount you charge in the Global fee tab. Click Edit global fee to adjust this amount.
If you haven’t set up an application fee, you will be able to do so by clicking on Charge a fee in the Global fee tab.
To set property overrides
These policies override the global fee and applicants will be charged the override fee tied to the listed rental. When you first click on the Overrides tab in the Application fee settings page, you will see a pop-up to guide you through the process of setting up fees by property. Click Add override at the bottom, set the amount you’d like to charge, and click on Next: Select properties.
On this screen, you will see a list of your properties and the current application fee charged for each. Select which properties you want the override amount applied to and click Save to go back to the Overrides tab.
Here, under the Property overrides section, you can:
- See and export a list of properties with different application fees
- Click the more options menu (the three dots to the right of each property) to edit or delete the override
- Select all properties to edit or delete in bulk
The first phase of this beta will only allow you to add overrides to charge application fees by property. Soon, you will also be able to charge application fees by unit and select which bank account you want each fee to go into.