August is always a notable time of year, marking not only the last month of summer but also for Buildium, our anniversary. As we celebrate our Sweet 16 this year, we feel especially lucky to partner with you every day. On that note, here are the latest new features, product improvements, and major bug fixes for August 2020:
- Changes to how residents view prepayments on their statements
- File management updates in the Resident Center
- Design improvements to tab button layouts
- Buildium Rewards usage report for Premium customers
- Search for listings using the global search tool
- Visual improvements to the rental application
- Coming Soon: Updates to lead-to-lease solutions
- Coming Soon: Additional optional coverage for Renters Insurance
Changes to how residents view prepayments on their statements
We’re making some changes to how residents see prepayments in places like the resident statement and in payment reminder emails to help avoid confusion with whether or not a prepayment has been applied to their balance.
File management updates in the Resident Center
Last month we released a new way for you to sort, search and filter files in Buildium. We’re excited to announce we’re also improving the file experience in the Resident Center with file folders. This update will give residents an easier way to find the files you’ve shared with them.
Design improvements to tab button layouts
We’re making some great design changes to how tabs are displayed and organized across the Buildium platform. Coming soon, you may notice that the tabs look a little cleaner and easier to navigate. We’ve made these changes to provide consolidated navigation across Buildium, which improves overall product accessibility and adheres to general web standards and best practices.
Buildium Rewards usage report for Premium customers
The Buildium rewards program is a new program featured in our new Premium plan and aims to put money back in your pocket. With the Buildium Rewards usage report, you can easily keep track of your progress towards earring your Buildium Rewards discount.
Search for listings using the global search tool
You can now save time looking for listed properties within Buildium by using our global search tool.
Learn more about global search.
Visual improvements to the rental application
We’ve improved the user experience for the rental application to make it easier for you to get more applicant leads through your funnel.
Coming Soon: Updates to lead-to-lease solutions
We’re working hard behind the scenes to improve and simplify Buildium’s vacancy functionality. In the coming months, stay tuned for updates that will help you fill vacancies faster and better manage your business across the lead-to-lease cycle, including:
- The ability to collect multiple application fees for more flexibility across property types you manage
- More reliable rental syndication options so you can better market and list your vacant units
- New eLease functionality and experience improvements to save you time and enable renters to more easily complete the leasing process
Coming Soon: Additional optional coverage for Renters Insurance
We’re adding more coverage options to Renters Insurance, powered by MSI. Coming soon, your residents will have the option to purchase pet damage or bed bug protection as a part of their policy.