The Buildium Open API is a powerful, RESTful programming interface that lets you leverage your valuable Buildium data in your own custom applications.
Through Buildium's API you can create integrations with your existing applications such as accounting, reporting and CRM's.
The ability to easily build these integrations greatly increases business flexibility, and ultimately drives your bottom line.
The Buildium API exposes a set of over 20 powerful resources/endpoints that let you easily retrieve core data entities from our platform, in real-time, through standard HTTP requests:
- Rental Properties
- Rental Units
- Rental Tenants
- Association Units
- Association Ownership Accounts
- Association Owners & Tenants
- GL Accounts
- Bank Accounts
- Lease Ledger
Enabling the API
By default, the API is not enabled on Buildium accounts. It must be enabled within your account to both create your API keys and make requests to the API.
NOTE: This process requires your user account to have both the administration role and application settings permissions.
- Log in to your Buildium account from your browser.
- Click the Settings dropdown and select Application Settings.
- Click the API Settings link
- Toggle the Buildium API to "On" and click save
Creating Your API Keys
- Click the Settings dropdown at the top of the screen.
- From the Settings dropdown, select API Keys. The API keys page opens. If you have previously created one or more keys, you'll see them displayed here. Otherwise it will be blank.
- Click the Create API Key button in the upper right to get both your client id and your secret key.
- The Key summary dialog prompts you for a KEY NAME and DESCRIPTION. You'll use both pieces of information to identify which key you are using when making requests. Note that the key name is required, while the description is optional.
- Review your entries and click Next. Your credentials will appear in a pop up window.
IMPORTANT! Carefully copy your key secret before closing this window! This is the ONLY time you will have access to it. If the secret is lost you will need to delete the corresponding API key and create another.
For more information and documentation on the Buildium Open API Please visit the Buildium Open API Developer Portal, which explains every aspect of how to best optimize the Buildium Open API.