We work hard to make sure our features are constantly improving to make running your business easier and more efficient. This page includes the latest new features, product improvements, and major bug fixes for the month of March 2020:
- Bill markups
- Email editor beta
- Navigation changes and improvements
- Overdue tasks on dashboard card
- Performance improvements
Bill markups (Coming soon)
We are very excited to bring you an easier way to record and collect markups on bills in Buildium! Over the next few weeks we will be rolling out our new bill markups functionality to all customers allowing you to set a global markup policy for all bills, set a specific markup amount on an individual bill or line item within a bill, or create exceptions and overrides for specific vendors.
Email Editor beta
We’re excited to offer you a new, simplified email experience! We’ve made email faster and easier and would love for you to try it out with our new beta test.
The beta includes:
- A simple, intuitive email composer
- An easier way to select recipients, including the ability to add them by property
- Better formatting capabilities, e.g. spellcheck and images
- Better branding capabilities and a new token for your company logo
To opt in to the beta:
- Navigate to settings >> application settings >> beta features
- Scroll down to "Email improvements"
- Toggle Email improvements beta to “on”
Navigation Updates for Resident Center and Text Messages
We’ve made some changes to how you navigate and use the Communications menu including improvements to how you manage Resident Center users and text message accounts.
- Resident Center items in the communications drop down menu have moved under the Resident Center settings page
- New statuses on the tenants and association owner tenants pages
- New statuses and bulk actions bar on the resident center users page and text message accounts page
- As part of the improvements we made to the Resident Center users page and workflow, we have also removed the option not to send a welcome email when creating a new Resident Center account.
Overdue tasks on dashboard card
We’ve made it much easier to identify overdue tasks that require action. Now the dashboard card for tasks on the home page will indicate what tasks are overdue and will allow you to filter tasks down to only overdue and tasks with upcoming due dates.
In order to improve performance within the Buildium platform and make future improvements possible, we are working on moving a number of pages to a more modern code base. This is part of an ongoing project that will be reflected in changes to various pages in Buildium over the next few months.
What does that mean?
In short, we are making things faster and easier to use!
You may notice some small changes in layout as part of this project on the following pages this month:
- Update recurring charges (Learn more)
- Add/edit Budget
- General journal entry
Other pages in Buildium will also be updated this month, but the changes to those pages will be primarily on the back end and you should see no differences.