We work hard to make sure our features are constantly improving to make running your business easier and more efficient. This page includes the latest new features, product improvements, and major bug fixes for the month of January:
1099-MISC Filing Deadline - January 31st!
We are in the midst of tax season and the deadline to eFile your 1099s with Buildium is fast approaching. As always, we’re here to help you e-File your 1099s efficiently and on time.
- Check out Buildium’s 2019 tax guide for more info.
- The deadline to guarantee on-time e-Filing with Buildium is January 31st, 2020.
We're excited to introduce a fast and easy way to generate printable labels for your mailings! Now when you generate a mailing in Buildium, you will have the option to export mailing labels into a printable PDF.
Limit Vendor Permissions to their own work orders
We recently made updates to vendor permissions. Now if you grant vendors work order access, they will only see work orders that are assigned to them.
Bulk SMS for the manager mobile app
Now you can text up to 10 recipients at once right from the mobile app so you can get important messages out quickly, on the go.
Default actions to resolve for violation types
We previously released default descriptions for violation types in an effort to better streamline the process for recording violations. Now, to continue that effort, we’ve added a field for default actions to resolve for violations types. This should save you and your staff time by not having to type the same action to resolve over and over again per violation type and category.
Messages page updates
We’ve made some improvements to the messages page in Buildium to make this page easier to use.
- The “Messages” button is now more prominent at the top of the page
- Action buttons will also be displayed more prominently at the top of the page
- We’re adding a property filter so you can easily find messages for specific properties
- We’ve added a more clear way to filter for “followed” and “unfollowed” messages
In order to improve performance within the Buildium platform and make future improvements possible, we are working on moving a number of pages to a more modern code base.
What does that mean?
In short, we are making things faster and easier to use!
You may notice some small changes in layout as part of this project starting with the following pages this month:
- Bills page
- Recurring Bills and Recurring Checks
- Account and billing page
Beta test updates:
We are continuing to beta test our new announcements features. By opting into this beta, you can:
- Get important information out to residents more quickly than ever before
- Write a message once and send it three different ways (text, email, and the resident site)
- Guard your inbox from sudden spikes in incoming messages
NEW: This month we've added all beta announcements to the communications timeline so you can easily keep track of all communication history when viewing a timeline for a resident.
Learn more or opt in to the beta