We work hard to make sure our features are constantly improving to help make running your business easier and more efficient. This page includes the latest new features, product improvements, and major bug fixes for the month of November, 2019.
Recurring journal entries:
You’ve been asking for the ability to set up recurring journal entries - and now we’re excited to say, you can! With the ability to set up journal entries that record on a recurring basis, you won’t have to worry about repeatedly recording multiple transactions manually every month. Saving you time, and ensuring accuracy, and preventing missing entries on your books.
Search enhancements (Coming Soon!)
We are very excited to announce a new way to search and navigate in Buildium with our new global search tool. Improvements include:
- Bigger and more focused search page with more results
- Search and filter by categories
- View all page for more search results broken down by category
- Adding more things to search for like vehicle info.
Search enhancements will be available in the coming weeks.
Be the first to test our new announcements feature! The new announcements feature allows you to send announcements at the property level to all residents of that property at one time.
Announcements will be broadcast across all available channels to ensure your message gets through when you need it to, including SMS, push notification, email and the resident site.
Assign managers to rental properties
Assigning managers to specific rental properties gives other staff users in Buildium easy access to see who they can contact about a particular property, so they don't have to go searching through the office, or keep track of the list in a separate spreadsheet
Record alternate policies on signed leases
- If you have insurance information on hand for a tenant when you are creating the lease in Buildium, you can record this information during lease creation on the add lease page so you don't have to go back and edit the lease summary information after the fact.
Renters Insurance on Event history
- We've added policies that have been purchased through MSI and policies from other providers recorded by residents to event history. This will allow you to refer back to policy information for a resident even after the policy has ended or has been removed from Buildium. With policy information recorded in event history you can check on policies that have been purchased or added at your convenience.
General ledger excel export improvements
We heard feedback that the information on the report was difficult to read. As a result, we identified a few improvements we could make to the Excel exports which include:
- Added spacing between each general ledger account
- Changed amount format to number so you no longer see multiple alerts on the amount cells
- Added a unit column to show the unit a transaction is tied to if available
Security: Removed Facebook log in
As part of our continued effort to keep your data and account as secure as possible, we have decided to remove Facebook log in as a sign in option from all Buildium accounts.