Move in dates will allow you to accurately record who is living in the unit and when outside of the lease start date and track move-in dates and move out dates in the event history report.
Moving in new tenants / adding new cosigners when renewing a lease
- A new tenant or cosigner can be added during the renewal by clicking on the + card
- When a new tenant is added and saved, you will see the move in date on the tenant’s card and the date will default the lease renewal date
- The move in date must be between the current lease’s start and renewed leases end date.
- The move in date can be edited if you need to make changes
- Move in dates are not applicable to new cosigners
Show move in date on tenants tab
- You will now be able to see a move in date on the tenants tab of a lease that can be edited.
- When you move a new tenant in while recording a lease renewal, you will enter the move in date
- Any existing tenants on a lease will also have a move in date field which will default to the lease start date.
- The move in date field can be edited from this page if you need to update it outside of the renewals flow.
- You can also enter a move in date when you move someone in from the tenants tab on the lease
- If a tenant has already been moved out of a lease, they will already have a move out date so we will now show [move in date] - [move out date]