Resident reminders - Your automated solution for renters insurance.
This suite of features makes it easier to implement a renters insurance program or requirement for your residents by solving the number one pain point our customers identified: following up with residents to purchase a policy or provide proof of coverage.
Protecting your properties shouldn’t require endless phone calls, email follow-ups, and chasing your residents just to get a handful of them to get insurance coverage. To save you the headache and give you time back, we’re automating that process for you with resident reminders. Now Buildium will:
- Automatically email residents who don’t have insurance information on file in Buildium once per week or once per month.
- This email is fully customizable so you can match your brand and your insurance compliance messaging.
- You can adjust these emails to send either weekly or monthly.
- A maximum of 5 reminder emails will be sent with the cadence you have selected.
- Remind residents who don’t have insurance information on file to either purchase a policy with MSI or provide proof of existing insurance when they visit the Resident Center
- All recent policy updates in the system will be delivered to you via a daily summary email if you so choose - updates will include new policies created, expired or cancelled policies and changes to coverage.
We’ve also updated the settings for Renters insurance, powered by MSI to give you more flexibility to choose who the automatic interested party will be on new policies moving forward.
To get started:
- Resident reminders will be on automatically for your residents as long as you have renters insurance turned on in your Resident Center.
- Reminders can be turned off at any time through the renters insurance settings page.
- Navigate to Communication > Resident Center settings > Resident services: Renters insurance
- Switch the resident reminders toggle to off. This can be turned back on at any time
When resident reminders are enabled, residents without an insurance policy on file in Buildium will receive the following email:
Preview and Customize the reminder email:
The resident reminder email for renters insurance can be customized to match your brand and compliance messaging to stay consistent with how you talk to your residents about renters insurance.
To preview the email or customize the resident reminder email template, navigate to:
- Communication >> Resident Center settings >>Resident Services: Renters insurance
- Under the Resident reminders section, click "Preview or edit" next to the eye icon
- This will open a preview of the email. From here you can click edit to make changes to the email template.
Choose how often to send:
The resident reminder email for renters insurance can be set to send either weekly or monthly. The default setting is to remind your residents on a weekly basis. To change the setting:
- Navigate to Communication > Resident Center settings > Resident Services: Renters insurance
- Under "Follow-up emails", choose "Remind residents monthly"
Note: the reminder email will be sent a maximum of 5 times regardless of the cadence you choose.
Resident Center reminder messages:
Additionally, residents will see a notice when they log into their resident center asking them to either purchase a policy or provide proof of insurance. Once they do, that information will be saved to Buildium.
If a resident dismisses the alert or doesn’t complete the action, they’ll continue to see a reminder in their Resident Center.
Once the resident has proof of coverage on file in Buildium, the reminders will automatically stop.