Introducing Resident reminders - Your automated solution for renters insurance.
This new suite of features makes it easier to implement a renters insurance program or requirement for your residents by solving the number one pain point our customers identified: following up with residents to purchase a policy or provide proof of coverage.
Protecting your properties shouldn’t require endless phone calls, email follow-ups, and chasing your residents just to get a handful of them to get insurance coverage. To save you the headache and give you time back, we’re automating that process for you with resident reminders. Now Buildium will:
- Automatically email residents who don’t have insurance information on file in Buildium once per week. This email is fully customizable so you can match your brand and your insurance compliance messaging.
- Remind residents who don’t have insurance information on file to either purchase a policy with MSI or provide proof of existing insurance when they visit the resident site
- All recent policy updates in the system will be delivered to you via a daily summary email if you so choose - updates will include new policies created, expired or cancelled policies and changes to coverage.
We’ve also updated the settings for Renters insurance, powered by MSI to give you more flexibility to choose who the automatic interested party will be on new policies moving forward.
To get started:
- Resident reminders will be on automatically for your residents as long as you have renters insurance turned on in your resident site.
- Reminders will begin on December 19th.
- Reminders can be turned off at any time through the renters insurance settings page.
- Navigate to Communication > Resident site settings > Value-add services: Renters insurance
- Switch the resident reminders toggle to off. This can be turned back on at any time
When resident reminders are enabled, residents without an insurance policy on file in Buildium will receive the following email:
Customize the reminder email: The resident reminder email for renters insurance can be customized to match your brand and compliance messaging to stay consistent with how you talk to your residents about renters insurance.
To customize the resident reminder email template, navigate to:
- Communication >> Mailing & Email Templates >> Missing renters insurance email
Additionally, residents will see a notice when they log into their resident site asking them to either purchase a policy or provide proof of insurance. Once they do, that information will be saved to Buildium.
If a resident dismisses the alert or doesn’t complete the action, they’ll continue to see a reminder in their resident site.
Once the resident has proof of coverage on file in Buildium, the reminders will automatically stop.