We are committed to helping you keep all of the information you store in Buildium as safe and secure as possible. As part of that effort, we require two-factor authentication on all user accounts at login.
Two-factor authentication is a two step verification that adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring access to your phone to prove that it’s you logging in to your account. Two-factor authentication is required, and cannot be turned off.
To update settings for two-factor authentication:
- Navigate to the icon with your initials or profile photo, then click on it.
- Then, click My settings.
- Select the Security tab to update the number you use for 2FA or add a backup method.
- You can choose to use an authentication app or a phone number for two-factor authentication.
- After you make your selection and choose which number or app you want to use, Buildium will send you a one-time verification code to confirm.
- Enter the verification code you received and click "Confirm".
Once two-factor authentication is set up, the next time you sign into Buildium you'll be able to choose between receiving your authentication code via text message or voice call. Simply enter your code and you're on your way.
Register a device:
Before entering your authentication code, you have the option to "Remember this device for 30 days." Selecting this option allows Buildium to remember the device you used during sign-in and bypass additional validation for 30 days.