In Buildium, you can delete a tenant payment if it has not been deposited or reconciled.
If you want to delete a payment that has already been deposited to a bank account in Buildium, you first need to delete the deposit before you can delete the payment.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
To delete a single payment from a tenant's lease ledger:
- Type the tenant's name into the search bar, then click Lease ledger next to their name.
- Click on the payment you want to delete.
- Click Edit payment, then scroll down and select Delete.
- Confirm you want to delete the payment by clicking Delete payment.
Recurring payments will automatically expire for fixed leases when the lease end date arrives, but for at-will or fixed with rollover leases, you will need to manually delete a recurring payment if it no longer applies.
To delete a recurring payment:
- Navigate to Rentals > Rent roll.
- Click the name of the tenant you want to delete the recurring payment for.
- From the lease summary page, select the Financials tab.
- Click the Recurring transactions link, and select the recurring payment you want to delete by clicking on the date.
- Click Edit recurring payment, then select the trash can icon to delete the payment.