You can edit certain fields on tenant payments that have been recorded in Buildium.
If the payment has been deposited and has been reconciled, only certain fields will be editable. If you need to edit a reconciled payment's amount or deposit bank account, you will need to unreconcile first.
- Type the tenant's name into the search bar, then click Lease ledger next to their name.
- From the lease ledger, click on the payment you want to edit.
- Click Edit payment.
- If the payment has not been deposited you can edit all fields, including:
- Payment method
- Account type
- If the payment has already been deposited, you can only edit:
- Account type
- Make your changes, then click Save.
If you need to edit the amount or payment method of a payment that has already been deposited, you will need to delete the deposit, navigate back to the tenant lease ledger, and follow the steps above.
If you need to increase the rent for a tenant or change the frequency of a recurring payment that has already been set up, you can edit it.
To edit a recurring payment:
- Navigate to Rentals > Rent roll.
- Click the name of the tenant you want to edit the recurring payment for.
- From the lease summary page, click the Financials tab.
- Click the Recurring transactions link.
- Select the recurring payment you want to edit by clicking on the date.
- Click Edit recurring payment, and make your changes.
- When you've completed the form, click Save recurring charge.