When a lease ends and tenants move out of a unit, you want to make sure the lease in Buildium is moved from an active lease to a past lease.
Before you end a lease and move out the tenants, there are several suggested steps to take.
To end a lease and move out all tenants:
- Navigate to Rentals > Rent Roll.
- Then, click on the lease you want to end.
- From the lease summary page, click the Tenants tab to see a list of current tenants on the lease.
- Click Move out in the contact card of one of the tenants you want to move out.
- Confirm the date, then select all tenants.
- Click Move out, then select OK when you see the message informing you that the lease end date will match the move out date.
Click here to learn how to move a single tenant out of a lease