A unit can only be deleted from a rental property if there are no financials attached to it.
If there are any leases or financial transactions tied to the specific unit you're looking to remove, at this point in time Buildium does not have a way to delete or inactivate that unit.
If you accidentally create too many units in a property and haven't tied financials to the extra unit, you can delete it.
To delete a unit that has no financials tied to it:
- Navigate to Rentals > Properties.
- Click on the property that contains the unit you want to remove.
- From the property summary page, select the Units tab. This tab will include the total number of units you have on the property.
- Click the unit number you want to delete.
- From the unit summary page, click Delete unit.