If you need to get in touch with your tenants quickly, text messaging is the way to go. Buildium’s SMS text messaging capabilities make it possible for you to do just that.
To get started, you’ll need to be sure that all of your tenants have opted into the SMS messaging service.
There are two ways to do this:
- Point-of-lease: If a tenant has already verbally consented to receiving SMS messages from you at lease signing, you can easily get them setup to receive SMS text messages from Buildium via an automated SMS message:
- Automated email: If a tenant has not verbally consented to receiving SMS messages from you, you can send an automated email to your tenants inviting them to opt-in to receive SMS messages from Buildium:
To send your tenant an opt-in request (by email or SMS):
- Navigate to Communication > SMS accounts.
- Then, select “Add SMS users” from the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Next, check off the tenant(s) you’d like to send a request to, and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- If you’ve already received verbal consent from your tenant, you can check off the verbal consent box to send an opt-in request via SMS message. Otherwise, go ahead and click on the “Send request via email” button.
Managing Tenant Opt-in
Just because you’ve sent an opt-in request to your tenants doesn’t mean they’ll opt in right away. You can view the status of pending opt-in requests by visiting Communications > SMS accounts.