You can apply for online payments for associations right within Buildium through ePay.
If you professionally manage multiple associations, you will need to apply for ePay for each bank account separately.
Once Forte Payment Systems has received your application, approval should take 5-7 business days.
To apply for a merchant account for an association:
- Navigate to Accounting > Banking, then click into the bank account you want to sign up for online payments.
- Select the Epay settings tab, then click Apply for epay account.
- The first page of the application asks for context about who you are and how the merchant account will be used. Select A self-managed or professionally-managed association.
- Once you’ve chosen who the ePay services will be used for, click Next: Association information.
- Fill in the details about the association, then click Next: Trustee information.
- Enter information about the trustee or board member who will act as the guarantor for the account. On the bottom of the page, enter application contact information. If you're applying for a professionally managed association, this will most likely be someone at your management company.
- When you complete the trustee information, click Next: Account information.
- Enter your unit information and rent amounts collected, from low to high. You will get an error if you enter $0 in the low box, so enter an actual monetary amount.
Once you’ve entered unit and rent amount information, Buildium will automatically populate limit recommendations based on the information you entered. If you think you need higher limits than what Buildium has populated, click into the limit box to override the information.
- When you’re satisfied with the amounts, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Next: Review Application.
- Review the entered information to make sure everything is correct. You’ll have the ability to make any updates right from this page by clicking Change next to the section you want to edit.
- Once you’ve reviewed the details, click Submit application.