With Buildium, you can import an entire portfolio of properties at once.
Before you import property and unit data, add your bank account names into Buildium. Your template should include those same bank account names exactly as they appear in Buildium. If the names aren’t a perfect match, you’ll get an error when you attempt to import.
To import properties into Buildium:
- Navigate to Settings > Import data.
- Click Upload data file and select Rentals from the drop-down menu.
- Download and open the excel template from the Before you start section of the pop up window.
- Complete the template to include all information for the properties and units you’d like to import.
Each unit should be a separate line item on the template. The template includes several required fields, which are indicated by an asterix:
- Property name
- Property type
- Operating Bank Account
- Property Address
- Postal code
- Unit number
- Unit address
- Save the file and navigate back to Settings > Import data.
- Click Upload data file.
- In the pop-up window, scroll down to the Upload section.
- From here, click Upload, then choose the completed template file.
- Once uploaded, click Save.
Buildium will validate the file, and let you know if there are any errors. You can click on the error message to view a report that indicates exactly what errors occurred so you can go and make any necessary updates to the template.
If all fields have been validated, a button will appear for you to import the data.
It’s important to know there is NO going back once you’ve hit the “import data” button after validating the files. We do not have the ability to correct any information in bulk once it’s been imported, so you want to double or even triple check the files before you import.