Every Buildium account comes with access to a vendor portal, where vendors can log in, look at all previous payments and outstanding bills, and view any files that have been shared with them.
The vendor website defaults only defaults to showing a vendor ledger and documents. If you'd like to give a vendor access to other areas of Buildium, you can edit the vendor user role.
To give a vendor access to the vendor portal:
- Navigate to Maintenance > Vendors.
- Click on the vendor you want to give access to.
- From the Vendor Summary page, scroll down to the Vendor website field and click on Send welcome email
- Select if the vendor can see their financial transactions for some or all properties, then click Save. This will send an email invitation to the vendor.
The image below shows what you will see once you click on Send welcome email in the Vendor website field
Give multiple vendors access to their portals at one time:
- Navigate to Settings > Users.
- Click on the Vendor tab.
- Select Create website accounts.
- Select the vendors for whom you would like to create an account.
- You can choose select all at the bottom of the list to give access to all vendors.
- Click Create accounts. This will send an email invitation to any vendor selected.
Learn more about automated email templates and how to customize them.