Whether you're just getting started with Buildium or you've taken new associations under management along the way, you need to add the associations you manage into the system.
Click here to check out our video tutorial about Entering Data for Associations on Buildium Academy!
In Buildium, an association is a collection of privately-owned units that all contribute to the betterment of the neighborhood. Each association in Buildium has its own set of books.
The association is the hub for all other types of data you enter, including association units, ownership accounts, association owners, and accounting transactions.
Click here to learn more about how Buildium organizes your information
This article describes how to manually add an association.
If you want to learn about importing your entire association portfolio in bulk, click here to learn about data import options.
To add an association:
- Navigate to Associations > Associations.
- Click Add association.
- Enter the name of the association, and the number of units.
If you have more than 99 units in a single association, you'll need to import the association instead of entering it manually.
Click here to learn how to import an association
- Choose the bank account you want as the default account for the association. Select an existing bank account from the drop-down menu, or click Add new bank account to enter a new one.
Adding a default account tells Buildium the bank account you use to manage an association's money. If you have multiple bank accounts you use to handle an association’s money, you can add other bank accounts on the banking page.
- Fill in the property address, then select Create and add units.
- On the unit generation page, click into the unit numbers and edit them if necessary. You can can use letters or words as unit numbers, too.
- You can select an Association fee allocation as well, which will allow you to easily apply association expenses to owners for reimbursement, such as non-metered utilities reimbursement as well as special assessments.
If you don’t want to add this information in right away, you can always go back and enter that in later.
- Buildium defaults the unit addresses for you on the Create units page, but you can edit those if necessary.
- Once you've finished filling out the form, click Create units.