After your associations and units have been entered into Buildium, you can begin to add your people.
Buildium makes adding a association owner and their account information to a unit easy by creating both at the same time.
To import association owners into Buildium:
- Navigate to Settings > Import data and click Upload data file.
- Select Association owners, and download and open the excel template from the Before you start section of the pop up window.
- There are several required fields, which are indicated by an asterisk:
- Association name
- Unit number
- First name
- Last name
- Enter the move-in date, recurring charge amount, and recurring charge frequency, too.
- You can add all of your association owners onto one import file.
- Once you’ve completed and saved the association owner import template, navigate to Settings > Import data.
- Then, click Upload data file and choose Association owners.
- In the pop-up window, scroll down to the upload section. From here, click Upload, then choose the completed template file.
- Once uploaded, click Save.
Buildium will validate the file, and let you know if there are any errors. You can click on the error message to view a report that indicates exactly what errors occurred so you can go and make any necessary updates to the template.
If all fields have been validated, a button will appear to Import data.
It’s important to know there is NO going back once you’ve hit the “import data” button after validating the files. We do not have the ability to correct any information in bulk once it’s been imported, so you want to double or even triple check the files before you import.
Time Saving Tips
- Multiple Association owners for a unit
- Create a separate record for each Association owner. Association owners with matching property names and unit numbers will be associated with the same unit.
- Board member access
- Association owners designated as board members have access to view Association financials on the Buildium system. Specify yes or no with these guidelines in mind.
- Email address formats
- Check your email addresses and make sure they conform to the standard “firstname.lastname@example.org” - the most common error will be a missing @ symbol or an incorrect punctuation mark. For example, you might find “sample@provider,com” and the comma causes the error.