The Property statement report shows a summary of 'money in, money out' by way of asset (current and fixed), income, expense, liability and equity transactions for a period of time.
Other report formats are available and can be generated in the software.
When to use it
- Track the cash flow of rental properties and associations.
- Report liabilities held.
- Determine income and expenses recorded on a property.
- View the amount you should pay your owners.
- Determine when an owner was not paid the correct amount.
Generating this report
- Go to the Reports menu .
- Click the Property Statement link.
Select your report parameters. More details:
Parameter What it means Properties
Select a single property, association or rental owner, or a group of properties, associations or rental owners, using the filter box. You can also select all properties.
Selects the period for which the software will generate the report.
Adds a short message that will be displayed on your report.
Include income statement produces a report that summarizes income and expense totals.
Produces your report in either portrait or landscape orientation.
Choose from PDF, legacy PDF, XLS, XLSX or CSV.
Click Download report.
- The property statement runs on a cash basis.
- The beginning cash balance is the amount owed to/from the rental owner, less tenant liabilities and property reserves, as of the day before the date range of the report. For example, if the report has a date range of July 1 through July 31, then the beginning balance is as of June 30.
- The beginning balance will represent a number other than $0 if you hold back money for a property reserve, are holding tenant liabilities, or if your reporting cycle is different than when you pay your rental owner. For example, if you pay a rental owner on the 4th of each month, a report run from the 1st through the 31st might not show a $0 beginning balance. Consider using Buildium statement period feature.
- Need to change a property reserve amount? see "Rental properties".
- If a tenant paid early, there may be a spike in income for the month. Smooth things out with this topic.