When you’re assigning work orders to vendors, a best practice is to make sure the vendor you’re selecting carries valid insurance.
With Buildium, you can track which vendors have valid insurance, and receive notifications whenever you select a vendor without insurance information.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
A vendor insurance section will appear any time you add a new vendor to the system.
To add insurance information to an existing vendor:
- Navigate to Maintenance > Vendors.
- Click on the vendor you want to add insurance information for.
- On the vendor summary page, click Add next to the vendor insurance section.
- Enter the provider name, policy number, and expiration date.
- Click Save.
Buildium allows you to enable notifications that warn you when a vendor in your system has no insurance information entered, or if their information is expired.
To turn on notifications:
- Navigate to Settings > Application Settings.
- Then, click Vendor Insurance.
- Select On to enable notifications, then click Save.
After notifications are enabled, you will be presented with a warning notice each time a vendor with expired or no insurance is selected when entering a bill or recording a check.
An expiration notice will also appear on the Vendor page, and will begin to appear at 90 days before a vendor's insurance is set to expire.