If you need to get in touch with your association owners quickly, text messaging is the way to go. Buildium’s text messaging capabilities make it possible for you to do just that.
To get started, you’ll need to be sure that all of your association owners have opted into the text messaging service.
There are two ways to do this:
- Verbal consent: If an owner has already verbally consented to receiving text messages from you, you can easily get them setup to receive text messages from Buildium via an automated SMS message:
- Automated email: If an owner has not verbally consented to receiving text messages from you, you can send an automated email inviting them to opt-in to receive text messages from Buildium:
To send your association owner an opt-in request (by email or SMS):
- Navigate to Communication > Text message accounts.
- Then, select “Add accounts” from the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Next, check off the association owner(s) you’d like to send a request to, and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- If you’ve already received verbal consent, you can check off the verbal consent box to send an opt-in request via text message. Otherwise, go ahead and click on the “Send request via email” button.
Managing Tenant Opt-in
Just because you’ve sent an opt-in request to your tenants doesn’t mean they’ll opt in right away. You can view the status of pending opt-in requests by visiting Communications > Text message accounts.